About             Website            

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snowed In 2011

Well this has been a very interesting couple days being completely ICED in at my now seemingly small apartment.  Initially I was so excited to have some time off work and just have some mindless days of inactivity.  This led me to watching 4 movies back to back on Netflix via Wii.  I then realized it was 4 p.m. and I had NOTHING productive all day.  So this is when the guilt kicks in so I turn on my work computer and start reviewing accounts and prospecting lists.  This is not my idea of a good time while being iced in at all.  Now 5:00 p.m. rolls around and I decide to make some homemade chili soon realizing I didn't get enough ingredients so it was going to be a smaller serving.  This is not ideal considering I could potentially snowed in for a few more days.  The evening progressed to me eating my chili and watching the BCS championship game.  I hate Auburn but I'm O.K. with another SEC team winning. 

So Tuesday, another ice day.  This time I really get to work.  I spend several hours compiling prospect lists so that when I can make it back into the office, I will have work to do.  Then I ran 3 miles in the workout room at my complex and even did some arm exercises.  Needless to say I am a little tired today. Luckily Tuesday is Biggest Loser night so I was saved by reality TV.  Nothing is more mindless than two hours of inspirational reality TV!

So now it's Wednesday- still at home.  I figure I'll stick to some new year's goals today.  I finished my first book of the year, "The Power of Half."  It's a great book and it's a true story based out of Atlanta so I could really relate to the story.  It's an inspirational book about a family to decides to change their lives and give half of their home's selling value to a good cause.  It's a good reminder that all it takes is one step in the right direction to start making a difference and change your life. 

My other goal was to write in my blog more.  This is more painful for me since I typically get writer's block and honestly don't think people care what I have to say.  Either way, this is my goal and everyone knows that practices makes perfect!!

Here is a picture of my constant companion during this chilly time.  In the past three days, this girl hasn't left my side no matter if we were in bed or sitting on the couch.  She's just as bored as I am!



No comments:

Post a Comment