About             Website            

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Books and Cupcakes = Happy Weekends

I have been reading the series "Game of Thrones" since the series came out on HBO last spring.  These books are amazing and keep you guessing at each turn but the books are RIDICULOUSLY long.  Each book is around 800 pages.

I reached about the half way point of book four when I took a break and started reading the Hunger Games.  My boyfriend gave this to me as a Christmas gift which he later regretted since I won't put it down for anything.  It's an easy and quick read so I finished it in a few days.

This weekend I tackled "Catching Fire" which is book number two.  The last page is definitely a cliff hanger.  Luckily I have book three waiting on deck.  In summary- if you want a quick, engaging, non-stop read... Go get it!

On a tastier note, I decided to bake some cupcakes for my ladies night tomorrow. I grew up baking sweets so it was nice to have a quiet Sunday to just bake, listen to a Airborne Toxic Event on Slacker.com and lick the mixer (when I was done.)

My day in images...






No comments:

Post a Comment