About             Website            

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Not Committing to a New Year's Resolution- Because it doesn't work

It sounds good and it feels good when you say, "This year, I am going to *Blank*."  But let's be honest, making these new year's resolutions sets us up to fail, at some point.  Some people fail at week two and others fail around February  Granted we all make these commitments with good intentions but unless you make the commitment while in action, it's not going to happen.  This is coming from experience of course because for years I have tried to "start out fresh" and make these lifestyle commitments.  Normally I make them while I'm drinking some sugary cocktail and eating so high calorie food.... "Tomorrow!" I shout in my mind-only to realize four days later I haven't done anything except take my dog to the dog park and watched her run.  Well at least Kona is a doing a good job of sticking to her diet and getting her work outs in.

So instead of a resolution this year, I am making a goal to live a healthier life by taking action.  Action means moving, running, getting out of bed and not hitting the snooze button, running to the dog park instead of driving, cutting fruit the night before, prepping meals and left overs for lunch.  Granted, I do DO these things but I want to do them more and get myself on more consistent healthy and happy routine.

And, to cheers this goal, here is my yummy snack thanks for the wonderful Dekalb Farmer's Market... Oh, how I love thee.





No comments:

Post a Comment